Ground chicken pulav -with brown rice





The inspiration for this dish is from my friend. Recently, she bought me briyani made with ground chicken and the flavor was so good and my kids loved it, so I thought I will make my own version with brown rice since it was a regular week day. I packed this for school lunch. Here I have used briyani masala powder instead of whole spices since my kids do not like whole spices in the briyani. I have made this into a one-pot dish using InstantPot. You can also use a pressure cooker or a deep bottomed pot and cook the rice the usual way.

Ingredients:
To grind:
1.Cardamom cloves, 4.
2. Cinnamon 1 stick.
3. Cloves, 2.
4. Coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon.
5. Dried red chilies, 2-3.
6. Bayleaf, 1.
7. Fennel seeds,  1 tablespoon.
8. Star anise, 1.


Other ingredients:
1. Brown rice, 2 cups.
2. Ground chicken, 1 kg.
3. Chopped onions, 1 cup.
4. Chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup.
5. Ginger-garlic paste, 1 tablespoon.
6.Green chilies, slit into 2.
7. Turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon.
8. Salt as per taste.
9. Yogurt, 1/2 cup.
10. Curry leaves, a spring.
11. Chopped mint and coriander leaves, 1 cup.

Preparation:
Grind the ingredients under the list and keep aside, Heat a pan or a pressure cooker (I used the saute mode in the Instantpot for this) with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chopped onions and saute until brown. Then add the chopped tomatoes, green chilies, ginger garic paste, turmeric powder, and salt and saute until blended. Add the ground chicken, yogurt, and the ground powder, mix well and cook for 10 to 15 minutes under low to medium flame until the chicken is cooked and all the water is absorbed from the dish. Now add the chopped mint, rice and required amount of water and cook the rice the usual. If I am using white rice, I usually add the rice and water ratio to be 1:1-1/2 cup and for brown rice its 1:1-3/4 since brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice.







No comments: