Kollu (Horsegram) idlis


 

This is a no rice recipe and rich in protein. Kollu (horsegram is known for its health benefits). I use it rasam during colds and sometimes I make curry with it.  This idli came outt very good, this tasted like the regular dal and no rice idlis. I have used a regular mixie to grind this batterr since I used less quantity. We can use a grinder if making large portions. I have paired it with fish kozhumbu and onion tomato karam here. 

Ingredients:

Kollu (horsegram) 1 cup.

Urad dal, 1 cup.

Salt, 1 teaspoon.

Fenugreek seeds, 1/2 teaspoon.


Preparation:

Wash and soak the dals along with the fenugreek seeds for 4 to 5 hours. Grind them together into a smooth and fluffy batter along with the salt.  Let it ferment for 7 to 8 hours until it becomes frothy and risen like regular idli battter. Mix it once and pour it into idli mould and steam. Serve with side dishes like chutney or sambar of any choice. 

No comments: