Ragi Vegetable Soup

 



This is my version of the ragi soup, which has been trending recently. Ragi is a healthy addition to the soup. This is my usual corn soup that I make except that I substituted the corn flour for ragi flour for thickening and I added coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk. This is a complete meal by itself and is very filling. I cooked the soup in a pressure cooker here.  It can be cooked in a pot as well. 

Ingredients:

1. Mixed vegetables cut into small bitte-size pieces, 1 cup.

2. Crushed garlic, 2 pods.

3. Ragi flour, 1-1/2 tablespoon.

4. Any seasoning mix, (optional), I used the vegetarian bouillon cube.

5. Salt and pepper as per taste.

6. Coconut milk or any other milk or choice, 1 cup.

7. Butter or oil, 1 teaspoon.


Preparation:

Heat the butter in a pot and saute the vegetables for a minute. Then add a cup of water along with the seasoning, salt and pepper and let everything cook for 5 minutes. Now add the coconut milk, along with the ragi flour mixed with half a cup of water and mix everything well. Keep cooking under medium flame and stirring, so the ragi flour does not form into lumps in the soup and the desired consistency is reached. More water can be added if required. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fried onions and serve hot. 



















No comments: