TANDOORI FISH


TANDOORI FISH
This is the first time I prepared tandoori fish in the oven and it came out very well. It was absolutely delicious. I have used tilapia here since this delicate fish absorbs whatever flavor it is dressed up with. Any thick-cut fishes like salmon or tuna also goes perfect for this dish. Instead of food color, I have used paprika here. The ideal way of having tandoori fish or chicken is as a side with any fried rice varieties or briyanis with some lemon juice squeezed over the fish or chicken. I did not garnish the fish with lemon since I had used lots of lemon juice while marinating the fish. I just served mine with lots of cilantro. Here goes the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
Any types of fish like salmon or tilapia, 4-5 slices.
Ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon.
Garam masala or curry powder, 1 tablespoon.
Chili powder, 1 teaspoon.
Coriander powder, 1 teaspoon.
Paprika, 2 teaspoons.
Juice of 1 big lemon. (This can be substituted with ½ cup of thick yogurt if chicken is used in place of fish).
Salt as per taste.

PREPARATION:
Wash the fish well. Mix all the ingredients except the fish into a thick paste in a bowl. Apply the paste over the fish coating each slice thickly. Let it marinade for over an hour inside the refrigerator. Grease a baking dish with any nonstick cooking spray and arrange the fish slices on the dish leaving sufficient space between each slice. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the fish is fully cooked. Serve hot with lemon wedges, garnished with cilantro.

31 comments:

Preeti Singh said...

Hey... it looks so delicious Geeta, ... too nice preparation ...I have fish in my freezer and I'll try grilled fish this time...

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Hey Gita. That Fish looks mighty delicious. With that red masala on it....YUMMY. I love baking my fish. Will try this recpe sometime.

Padma said...

Looks delicious and also bright with the addition of paprika as u said Gita ...

Poornima Nair said...

Yummy...would love to have that as an appetizer.

Shama Nagarajan said...

innovative one dear......looks yummy....send me the plate

Varsha Vipins said...

that looks really good Gita..:)

Manju said...

aha..looks delicious. Ive made tandoori fish just once and i made it in the oven and it was great. Did not have to deal with all the fishy smell while frying it and healthy as well!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow Gita, superaa irruku Tandoori fish, feel like having rite now..Looks colourful!

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Wow that looks so delicious Gita.

Parita said...

I am veggie but must say the dish looks grt!

Bergamot said...

Looks really delicious...grilled fish is simply yummy.

Anonymous said...

It looks so delicious and spicy.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Hey Gita, Kalakkitinga ponga.
Good way to use paprika instead of Food color. Noted the point. Till now I m using some organic food color only. But ur idea is so good.. Fish looks elegant with that perfect grill and masala. Lovely picture too.

Vrinda said...

Wow that looks so spicy and crispy..would be great with rice..

Ashwini said...

fish looks delicious.. that healthy baked fish is always a show stealer

Pooja said...

Looks so delicious! Tandoori dishes are my favourites!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

What a BIG coincidence-I was planning to make this today!! Yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Gita,fish is my one and only weakness..looks yummy.colorful and professional..even i use lemon juice to marinate.

Unknown said...

Wow what a color looks so yummy

ജെ പി വെട്ടിയാട്ടില്‍ said...

i never tasted tandoori fish.
shall try out tomorrow.

wish u all the best

please visit
trichurblogclub.blogspot.com

Yasmeen said...

Gorgeous red color,I'll love this on a weekend family lunch:)

Rahin said...

mouth watering ! yummy !

Anonymous said...

Hi Gita,i like this very much,will have to try it soon.

Ganga Sreekanth said...

first time in ur blog.The Thandoori Fish looks so delicious

Astra Libris said...

Mmmm, I love all the paprika and lemon in this dish!! Gorgeous!!

Sanghi said...

Wow gita, fish looks perfect dear! expecting ur entries for my fil-3 event..

Seena said...

Gita, am drooling.. :p

Sarah Naveen said...

Hey Gita..
First time here..
U have got really good collection of recipes..Fish looks so tempting...I am gonna try it..

Stop by Vazhayila sometime..

Vijitha said...

Superb fish tandoori! Awesome colouring to it by paprika.

Anonymous said...




wow nice blog...oosome receipes.. I will try it soon.
restaurants in south delhi

Ruxana Gafoor said...

looks delicious