This is an interesting recipe, which came out from our love with peanuts. My hubby is crazy about peanuts that sometimes he adds peanuts to the side dishes as I keep cooking them. These even include dishes like upma and even cabbage and okra fry. As I cooking this curry, I saw some boiled peanuts from yesterday’s snack lying in the fridge. They immediately went into the mushroom fry and were relished until it was over :) If raw cashews are available, they can be added too. It will be just as divine!
- Mushrooms, any type, 1 packet.
- Red onions, medium-size, 2.
- Cooked and deshelled peanuts, ½ cup.
- Ginger-garlic paste, 1teaspoon.
- Chili powder, 1 teaspoon.
- Coriander powder, 2 teaspoons.
- Garam masala (optional), ½ teaspoon.
- Turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon.
- Fennel seeds, ¼ teaspoon.
- Curry leaves and cilantro for garnishing.
- Salt as per taste.
Dice the onions finely and slice the mushrooms thinly. Heat a pan with some oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the fennel seeds and fry for 2 seconds. Add the onions and curry leaves and sauté for a few minutes until the onions turn brown. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and keep sautéing until everything is well blended. Add all the powders and salt and mix everything well and cook for 5 minutes until the powders lose their raw smell. Now add the mushrooms and peanuts and keep cooking under medium flame. After 10 minutes, the mushrooms oozes out all the water and the dish will turn dry. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot curry with rice or chapthis.