MIXED NUTS OATMEAL AND RAISIN COOKIES
These cookies were made solely by trial and error method. I tried baking these cookies by throwing whatever I had in my pantry. The first time they didn’t turn out as I expected, I experimented with the ratio a little bit by adding Xagave the next time. This gave a slight sweetness to the cookies along with the raisins. They turned out perfect this time. The ingredients used here makes around 24 small size cookies. All the ingredients used here are natural, so these are pretty much healthy if had in moderation :)
1. Regular old-fashioned oats, 1 cup.
2. Whole wheat flour, 1 cup.
3. Peanut butter, 1 cup.
4. Butter or canola oil, 2 tablespoons.
5. Xagave or agave nectar, or any sweetener of choice, ½ cup or more depending upon sweetness.
6. Raisins, 2 tablespoon.
7. Mixed nuts like walnuts, almonds, and pistachios, 1 cup.
8. Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon.
9. Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon.
10. Salt, a pinch.
Chop the nuts into small pieces by running through a food processor or by hand. Mix the oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, nuts and raisins together in a bowl. Melt the peanut butter and oil in another bowl by microwaving it for about a minute. Add the Xagave to this and whisk the wet ingredients well and add it to the flour mixture. Knead everything slowly until it forms into a smooth pliable dough. If the dough is too sticky, it can be put in the fridge for about 30 minutes and then baked into cookies. Alternatively, if the dough is a little bit dry (this depends on the type of peanut butter used), add a few drops of water or milk and mix it into manageable dough. Roll the dough into small rounds and arrange them on a baking sheet leaving enough space between each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, let it cool, and enjoy with any hot beverage.
- ► 2012 (9)
- MUTTAI SADAM/ EGG RICE
- MUSHROOM AND PEAS MASALA / GRAVY
- BROCCOLI PORIYAL/ STIR FRY
- TANDOORI CHICKEN
- BAKED BEANS – PRESSURE COOKER METHOD
- MIXED NUTS OATMEAL AND RAISIN COOKIES
- BOK CHOY KOOTU/DHAL - BOK CHOY WITH LENTILS
- KUMQUAT PICKLE - SPICY
- PASTA BRIYANI AND MASALA BREAD
- TOFU IN HOT GARLIC SAUCE
- MIXED VEGETABLES AND SPROUTS KICHADI – DIET SERIES...
- XAGAVE AND PEANUT CHIKKI WITH XAGAVE
- CRACKED WHEAT USILI – DIET SERIES #2
- BROWN RICE AND LENTIL SOUP – DIET SERIES #1
- SALMON CAKES/ CUTLETS
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2009 (71)