SEMI-HOMEMADE SOUP



SEMI-HOMEMADE SOUP
This is a very tasty and easy way of preparing soup in a few minutes. Personally I don’t prefer canned soups because of its preservatives but I love the taste of these soups than the homemade ones. Recently I started getting readymade dried soup packets and these were good too but most of the time the vegetables added in them was less. I tried adding frozen vegetables to the readymade soup mixture and I liked it very much. Then onwards, I started preparing soups this way. In this soup, I added beans, carrots, cauliflower, frozen peas and corn. The soup mixture used here is sweet-corn. The measurements I have used here are for 2 persons. They can be increased or decreased accordingly.

INGREDIENTS:
Instant soup mix, (any kind) ½ packet.
Vegetables like, beans, carrots, cauliflower, peas, corn, everything coming to cup when cut.
Cilantro for garnishing, a handful.
Salt and pepper as required.

PREPARATION:
I have used a mixture of frozen and fresh vegetables here. If frozen vegetables are used, they can be added directly to the soup. Chop the fresh vegetables and cook them in microwave for 2 minutes and keep aside. Heat a pot with 2 cups of water. When the water starts to boil, add ½ pack of the soup and stir everything well. Add the cooked vegetables and frozen corn and peas and keep stirring for a few minutes. Turn off the stove when the soup reaches the desired consistency. Garnish with cilantro, add salt and pepper and serve hot with bread or crackers.

No comments: