I am happy to announce that my peanut chikki recipe has been published in the BetterBody Foods and Nutrition website. Check out my recipe at here.
Coming on to today's post,
I make masala pasta or pasta briyani when I am tired of making Chinese style noodles or with any tomato sauce. We prefer spicier versions of pasta like this than adding pasta sauce or cheese. This is also an excellent lunch box menu and also an ideal evening snack for us. I have not used whole garam masala here except the fennel seeds since they tend to break the pasta. I have used some whole grain pasta, which we brought from Ikea recently. These are real cuties and they seem to absorb the masala well.
1. Whole grain pasta, 1 packet.
2. Ripe Roma tomatoes, medium-size, 3.
3. Red onions, medium-size, 3.
4. Ginger-garlic paste, 1teaspoon.
5. Green chilies, 1-2.
6. Chili powder, ½ teaspoon.
7. Coriander powder, 1 teaspoon.
8. Turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon.
9. Garam masala, 1 teaspoon.
10. Fennel seeds, ¼ teaspoon.
11. Curry leaves and cilantro for garnishing.
12. Salt as per taste.
13. Fresh or frozen peas, 1/4 cup.
Cook the pasta according to package instructions and let it cool. Dice the onion and tomatoes and slit the green chilies into 2. Heat a pan with 2 teaspoons of oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the fennel seeds and fry for 2 seconds. Add the curry leaves and onions and sauté for a few minutes until the onions turn translucent. Now add the ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes, peas, and green chilies and sauté for a few more minutes until everything is blended. Add the chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt and mix well. Cook closed under low flame for 5 minutes until the raw smell of the spices goes and the mixture turns into a saucy texture. Now add chopped cilantro and pasta and mix everything. Let is sit for 5 minutes and serve hot.
With the same recipe, substitute the pasta with any leftover crusty bread and you have spicy masala bread, an idea evening tiffin with tea.
- ► 2012 (9)
- MUTTAI SADAM/ EGG RICE
- MUSHROOM AND PEAS MASALA / GRAVY
- BROCCOLI PORIYAL/ STIR FRY
- TANDOORI CHICKEN
- BAKED BEANS – PRESSURE COOKER METHOD
- MIXED NUTS OATMEAL AND RAISIN COOKIES
- BOK CHOY KOOTU/DHAL - BOK CHOY WITH LENTILS
- KUMQUAT PICKLE - SPICY
- PASTA BRIYANI AND MASALA BREAD
- TOFU IN HOT GARLIC SAUCE
- MIXED VEGETABLES AND SPROUTS KICHADI – DIET SERIES...
- XAGAVE AND PEANUT CHIKKI WITH XAGAVE
- CRACKED WHEAT USILI – DIET SERIES #2
- BROWN RICE AND LENTIL SOUP – DIET SERIES #1
- SALMON CAKES/ CUTLETS
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2009 (71)