TOFU IN HOT GARLIC SAUCE
We tried this dish in a local Chinese restaurant recently. This was served as a starter. I tried to remember all the ingredients in the sauce and make the exact dish later that week. We had it with noodles. This can be served with rice also and the tofu can be substituted with any type of meat and vegetables and broccoli.
1. Tofu, 1 packet, I have used silken tofu here.
2. Small onions, 2.
3. Garlic, 3 large cloves.
4. Chopped cilantro, ½ cup.
5. Green chili, 1.
6. Low-sodium soya sauce, 2 tablespoons.
7. Chili and garlic sauce, 1 teaspoon. (I used a less spicier version).
8. Corn flour, 1 teaspoon.
Mix the corn flour, soya sauce, and chili garlic sauce with half cup of water. Keep stirring until there are no lumps in the mixture and keep aside. Slice the small onions into thin even slices, slice the garlic into very thin slices, and dice the green chili finely. Cut the tofu into even bite-size pieces. Heat a pan with some sesame oil and add the sliced onions, garlic and chili and keep sautéing until the onions are transparent. Add the sauce mixture now along with chopped cilantro and let it cook for 5 minutes. Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the tofu and let it cook for a few more minutes. Serve hot over noodles or rice.
Note: I have not added salt here as there is enough salt in the soya sauce. If needed, some extra salt can be added according to taste.
- ► 2012 (9)
- MUTTAI SADAM/ EGG RICE
- MUSHROOM AND PEAS MASALA / GRAVY
- BROCCOLI PORIYAL/ STIR FRY
- TANDOORI CHICKEN
- BAKED BEANS – PRESSURE COOKER METHOD
- MIXED NUTS OATMEAL AND RAISIN COOKIES
- BOK CHOY KOOTU/DHAL - BOK CHOY WITH LENTILS
- KUMQUAT PICKLE - SPICY
- PASTA BRIYANI AND MASALA BREAD
- TOFU IN HOT GARLIC SAUCE
- MIXED VEGETABLES AND SPROUTS KICHADI – DIET SERIES...
- XAGAVE AND PEANUT CHIKKI WITH XAGAVE
- CRACKED WHEAT USILI – DIET SERIES #2
- BROWN RICE AND LENTIL SOUP – DIET SERIES #1
- SALMON CAKES/ CUTLETS
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2009 (71)