ASPARAGUS AND BOILED PEANUTS STIR FRY
Asparagus has become a new favorite vegetable in house these days. I usually make it like a poriyal or add it in any mixed vegetable curry. The only thing to note is that care should be taken not to over cook the asparagus. This makes it taste very different. Coming on to this recipe, I came up with this one while trying to use some leftover peanut sundals, I had made the previous day. This combination was pretty good though. This dish goes well as a side dish with rice and any spicy gravies like vatha kozumbu etc.
1. Asparagus, 1 bunch, chopped into small pieces.
2. Boiled peanuts, 1 cup. You can use roasted peanuts too. I soaked raw peanuts for a couple of hours and pressure cooked them for up to 2 whistles for 10 minutes.
3. Onion, medium size, 1, diced finely.
4. Tomato, 1, small, diced finely.
5. Green chilies, 2, slit into two.
6. Ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon.
7. Curry leaves, a few.
8. Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon.
9. Fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon.
10. Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon.
11. Sambar powder or chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon.
12. Salt as per taste.
Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil. Add the mustard seeds and let it splutter once the oil is hot. Add the fennel seeds and fry them for a few seconds. Then add the diced onions and curry leaves and sauté for a few minutes until the onions are tender. Add the diced tomatoes, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste for keep sautéing until everything is well blended. Now reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder, sambar powder, and salt and keep frying for a minute until the powders lose their raw smell. Add the chopped asparagus and boiled peanuts, mix everything well and cook closed under low flame for 10 minutes until the asparagus are cooked. If needed, water can be sprinkled in between to prevent burning of the stir fry. Serve as a side dish with rice or chapathis.
- November (1)
- July (1)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (7)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (7)
- August (3)
- July (7)
- June (9)
- May (10)
- April (8)
- March (4)
- February (1)
- January (7)