Kids and Todller Recipes - Chicken Noodle Soup
This is my version of chicken noodle soup, which is a regular soup and my kids favorite. I usually make this whenever the kids are down with cold and sniffles. A very easy and simple soup recipe, I usually do not add chicken broth but it can be added if preferred. This soup makes for a comforting dinner on cold days.
1. Boneless chicken pieces, cut into bite size pieces, 1 cup.
2. Onion, medium size, 1, diced.
3. Carrots, cut into small bite size cubes, 1 cup.
4. Celery, cut into half-moon shapes, 1/2 cup,
5. Garlic pods, 2 crushed.
6. Bay leaf, 2.
7. Any seasoning mix like Italian seasoning or any other soup mix, 1/2 teaspoon.
8. Dried herbs like thyme and parsley, a pinch.
9. Any pasta or noodle variety, 1 cup. If cooking for kids, smaller varieties of pasta or egg noodles can be used.
10. Salt, as per taste.
Heat a pot with a tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions until they are translucent. Then add the crushed garlic along with the dried herbs and seasonings and mix everything well. Add 3 cups of water along with salt and let it come to a boil. Add the chicken pieces and the bay leaves now and let it simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is done. Once the chicken is done, add the carrots and celery and cook for 5 more minutes. Finally add the pasta and let the soup simmer until the pasta is cooked. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Labels: Kids and Todller recipes
Cooking and trying out new recipes is my passion. I come from a family with where type 2 diabetes is very common and we have lost many loved one due to complications of this disease. This blog is my humble attempt to create low-carb and healthy dishes and well as healthy lifestyle tips suitable for diabetics. This blog is to prove that healthy, primarily diabetic-friendly foods, can be tasty as well. Kuhapriyai @ Gita