Mushroom and Spinach Stir Fry
Recipe idea from my hubby when I was preparing mushroom my usual way. He gives surprising suggestions like adding peanuts, spinach, or even chia seeds for a healthy twist :) I added some meat masala and this combination was very good. We paired it with vegetable kurma and brown rice.
1. Button mushrooms, cleaned and chopped into small pieces, 2 cup.
2. Chopped spinach, 1 cup.
3. Medium-szie onion, 1, diced finely.
4. Ginger-garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon.
5. Fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon.
6. Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon.
7. Chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon.
8. Coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon.
9. Meat masala or any other masala of choice like garam masala or chicken masala, 1 teaspoon.
10. Curry leaves, a sprig,
11. Salt, as per taste.
Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the fennel seeds and fry for a few seconds. Then add the diced onions and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes until the onions turn brown. Then add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, meat masala powder, salt along with the mushrooms and mix everything well. Cook closed under low-to-medium flame until the mushrooms are done and the dish turns a little dry. Add the chopped spinach now and mix well. Let the spinach wilt for 2 minutes and turn off the stove. Serve with rice, idlis, dosas, or chapathis.
Cooking and trying out new recipes is my passion. I come from a family with where type 2 diabetes is very common and we have lost many loved one due to complications of this disease. This blog is my humble attempt to create low-carb and healthy dishes and well as healthy lifestyle tips suitable for diabetics. This blog is to prove that healthy, primarily diabetic-friendly foods, can be tasty as well. Kuhapriyai @ Gita