Spinach Asparagus and Quinoa Soup
I saw this recipe in PinInterest under detox soup recipes from PopSugar. This turned out to be one of hubby's favorite dinner recipes. This is a complete and balanced one-pot meal and the soup is filling all by itself. We don't need any bread or any other toppings with this as the quinoa delivers the needed carbs for the meal. I just saw the ingredients required for the soup and made it my own way. You can also roast the asparagus for a richer flavor. Make sure to add the pureed spinach at the end, so that the spinach does not overcook and lose it nutrients.
1. Cooked quinoa, 1/2 cup. To cook the quinoa, wash the quinoa thoroughly and cook it on stove top with 1-1/2 cups of water under medium flame. Fluff it with a fork once done. You can also cook the quinoa with a bay leaf for a different taste.
2. Asparagus, 1 stalk, cleaned and trimmed.
3. Garlic, 2 cloves.
4. Spinach, washed, 1 cup.
5. Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup.
6. Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons.
7. Salt and pepper as per taste.
8. Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon.
Cook the asparagus by baking or boiling along with the garlic cloves and let it cool. Blend it along with the spinach into a smooth puree. Add this puree into a pot along with 2 cups of water, cooked quinoa, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with extra-virgin olive oil and serve hot.
Cooking and trying out new recipes is my passion. I come from a family with where type 2 diabetes is very common and we have lost many loved one due to complications of this disease. This blog is my humble attempt to create low-carb and healthy dishes and well as healthy lifestyle tips suitable for diabetics. This blog is to prove that healthy, primarily diabetic-friendly foods, can be tasty as well. Kuhapriyai @ Gita