To roast and grind:
1. Channa dhal, 1 tablespoon.
2. Cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon.
3. Dried red chilies, 2-3.
4. Coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon.
1. Rice, 1 cup.
2. Onions, 1 medium size, diced finely.
3. Broccoli, 1 floret, cut into small florets.
4. Ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon.
5. Mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon.
6. Urad dhal, 1 teaspoon.
7. Channa dhal, 1 teaspoon.
8. Raw peanuts, 1 tablespoon. (Roasted peanuts can also be added in the end).
9. Salt, as per taste.
10. Curry leaves, a sprig.
Cook the rice and let it cool completely. Grind the powder under the "roast and grind" section and keep aside. Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then add the peanuts and fry for a few more seconds. Now add the channa dhal, urad dhal, and cumin seeds and roast for a few more seconds until red. Add the diced onions and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes until the onions are translucent. Then add the ginger-garlic paste, cut broccoli florets, and salt and keep sauteing for a few more minutes and until the broccoli is tender. Now reduce the flame to a simmer and add the rice and mix well. Sprinkle the powder now and keep mixing under low flame for 2 more minutes and turn off the stove. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with any preferred side dish.