SOYA KHEEMA CURRY/SOYA KOTHU CURRY
This is one of my favorite soya recipes. I sometimes blend the soya nuggets into a smooth paste to give a different texture and taste to the dish. The soya nuggets can be coarsely minced if preferred. I also add some kheema masala to this dish. This gives a unique mutton kheema taste to this dish. This can be replaced with garam masala instead.
1. Soya nuggets/ granules, 1-1/2 cup.
2. Onion, large, 1, diced into small pieces.
3. Roma tomatoes, 2, diced into small pieces.
4. Fresh green peas, 1/2 cup
5. Ginger-garlic paste, 1 tablespoon.
6. Chili powder, 1 teaspoon.
7. Coriander powder, 2 teaspoons.
8. Turmeric powder, a pinch.
9. Fennel seeds powder, 1/2 teaspoon.
10. Soya kheema masala, 1 tablespoon. (I have used Shaan's soya kheema masala)
11. Salt as per taste.
12. Curry leaves and cilantro for garnishing.
Add the soya nuggets or granules in boiling water and let them sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, drain the water, rinse the soya nuggets, and squeeze out the excess water from the nuggets. Blend them into a coarse paste. This step can be omitted if soya granules are used. Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the diced onions and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes until the onions are tender. Then add the diced tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste and keep sauteeting until everything is well blended. Now add the powders given in the ingredients list and salt and mix everything well. Keep frying everything under low-to-medium temperature for a minute and then add the soya and green peas. Mix everything well and cook closed for 10-12 minutes. Garish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with any variety rice, chapathis, or dosas.
- ▼ February (5)
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2009 (71)